Thursday, July 29, 2004

My Stepson the Sociopath

I got married last May for the first time at the age of 38.  I had a somewhat wild,  sometimes great, sometimes miserable time being single and never thought I would marry.  However, in October of 1999, at the constant urging from my half-sister, (whom I had meet for the first time in our lives 2 months prior, but thats another story...) I agreed to go on a blind date with one of her coworkers.  I was never much of one to get set up on blind dates.  Not to toot my own horn or anything,  but I never was without a guy/girl around, in some way, shape or form. (i.e. fuck buddy, drinking buddy, stripper buddy,  gay big-dicked (bisexual) shopping buddy....you get the idea.)

Anyway......
 
So we meet, fall madly in love, move in together, get married and all of that.  Very Cool. Everythings great.  I got a big, phat ring, a big, nice house, financial security and best of all, a wonderful, loving husband.

However, with this new marriage, I also became a step-mom (I refuse to use the word mother for any other reason  than within the context of "Mother Fucker".  More on that some other time.)  My husband has two grown sons, 20 & 21, who mostly grew up in the Northeast after he and his first wife  divorced.  When they were younger, they used to travel here to stay during Summer Vacation (which was, by the way, before I was around).  But once they were in High School, they had their own friends, summer jobs, and girlfriends.  Traveling 1500 miles to stay with their father for the Summer didn't look all that appealing anymore.  Which I can totally understand. 

Well, the 20 year old stepson, let's call him Robert. Rob.  Robbie.  He's a doll.  Tall, good looking in a Farm Boy way (like his father) he's got that reddish/blond hair that you don't see that often, really smart kid, straight A's, going to college, steady girlfriend that he shares an apartment with.  And he can swear like a truck driver (he inherited that from his Dad also).   

Then, there's the 21 year old stepson, let's call him little bastard, uhhhh, I mean Thomas. Tommy. Tom.  He's a drug addict.  And a Sociopath.

4 Comments:

Blogger God Hates Kittens said...

I hear you, I'm inheriting a 17 yr old pot head who gets in trouble constantly. He's actually doing better and trying to be good but I still can't wait till he's 18 and I can use the power of my foot (foot>ass). Hope your's isn't living with ya'll but it kinda sounds like he might.

4:50 PM  
Blogger SimplyJen said...

Robert:

Sounds like we're kinda in the same boat. It's a REAL pain in the ass. A post is coming soon about his stay at a rehab. He got caught trading "medications" with some of the other kids there. He was crushing up Ritalin and snorting it. How lovely.....

3:21 PM  
Blogger Becker said...

I feel for you - my best friend Kelly is a recovering Heroin addict/pot head/coke head with ADD. I love her to death - she's been sober for 2 years - but man she fucks her world up constantly!!!!! I feel bad for her parents...they can't trust her and don't know what to do.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Stepson-From-Hell said...

Simply Jen,

I feel for you and your situation. What ever became of the little bastard? Funny, that's what I can my 21 y/o stepson from hell. Any advise for how to get one of these creatures to move out?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home